Homey Energy and Homey Insights can both provide you with insights into the energy consumption of your home, although they both serve a different goal.
Homey Energy is created to provide you with a quick and easy overview of your current energy usage and generation. It groups devices per zone and provides you with insight into the energy mix of your home. As such, it's incorporated in the Homey smartphone app and focused on the realtime data of your home. Historical data per device is only available for the last couple of hours.
Homey Insights is a general tool for historical data. You can use it to dive deeper into the (energy-usage) history of your devices. The data is kept and visualised for up to 10 years back, and you can plot multiple graphs to find out relations and correlations. However, it is not the right tool to quickly view the combined energy usage of some of the zones in your home.
In short, with Homey Energy you get a quick overview of the realtime energy situation in your household. With Homey Insights, you can plot all historical data about your home.
- Quick, easy and situated right in the Homey smartphone app
- Realtime insight into the power usage at the current moment
- Provides an overview of your battery-powered devices, including their battery type and current battery level
- Combines devices based on zones for a better and visual overview
- Shows your power generation relative to your consumption
- Derives 'other' power usage for non-measuring devices based on the consumption of your entire home
- Data is visible for the past six hours
- Data is primarily visible via the Homey Insights web app, optimised for desktop
- Compares historical data in the long-term via graphs
- Analyses numerical data such as power usage, temperature and sensor input
- Data can be visualised for up to 10 years in history
- Allows you to export data to CSV-files