Note: v4.1.1 or higher of the Homey smartphone app needs to be installed on your phone to be able to use Homey app widgets. You can check your Homey app version under Settings -> General.
With Homey app widgets you can activate your favorite Flows directly from the home screen on your phone. It’s a convenient way to access your home within less than a second without any need to open the app. Homey app widgets are automatically added to your list of widgets when you update to Homey v4.1.1.
On an iPhone, you can find your favorite Flows in a widget in the Today View.
On an Android phone, you can add your favorite Flows as separate 'button'-widgets on your Home screen.
What is a widget?
Widgets are like short or mini versions of your applications. The main purpose is to display often-used actions and execute simple tasks.
How do I add Homey app widgets on an iPhone?
Option 1: In the Today View
- Swipe right over the Home screen or Lock screen.
- Scroll to the bottom and tap Edit
- Go to More Widgets and tap the green + button next to Favorite Flows
- Touch and hold next to the widget to reorder and drag it in the order you want
- To finish, tap done
Option 2: On your Home screen (iOS 13+ or higher)
- Touch and hold the Homey app icon
- Tap Add Widget
- Find your favorite Flows directly in the Today View
How do I add Homey app widgets on Android?
- On a Home screen, touch and hold an empty space
- Tap Widgets
- Touch and hold the Homey widget. Slide the widget to where you want it
- Choose the favorite Flow you want the widget to activate