Homey has user accounts. This is great because you don’t have to share your own account or password, ever. It also allows you to manage and control who has access. Note: Only the owner of Homey can manage user accounts.
1. The advantages of using accounts
Homey makes use of accounts per user. This offers a lot of advantages:
- You can manage multiple Homeys with a single login
- Owners can add and revoke access easily, allowing temporary access
- Sharing your Wi-Fi password does not let people access your Homey
- You can login globally in the same way you do at home
2. Adding a new user to your Homey
To grant access to your Homey to another user, open the Homey app and navigate to Settings. In Settings tap on Family. Tap the [+] symbol in the top right corner and tap on "create shareable link". You can share this link via Whatsapp, Mail, or direct message.
3. Manage and revoke access
All accounts that have access to your Homey are visible under Family in your settings menu. To (permanently) revoke or (temporarily) disable access, use the Remove and Disable buttons.