Normally, Homey always stays online and active in your account, so you can access it anywhere, anytime, by loggin in in your account. When you see a red dot being displayed next to your Homey in your account, something might be off. This is what to do.
1. Check whether Homey has power
Make sure Homey is connected with the original adapter and cable to a power outlet, and that the power outlet does indeed provide power.
2. Check what the LED ring does
Check what Homey's LED ring does and tries to show you:
- Orange - Homey is generally loading/busy (like booting)
- Blue - Homey is downloading something from the internet (like a new app)
- Purple - Homey is updating itself at the moment, do not turn off the power.
Or Homey has been powered on upside down (turn it off and turn it on when upright)
3. Make sure your Wi-Fi is up
Make sure that your Wi-Fi network is up, and your network is connected to the internet. You can check this by connecting to the Wi-Fi network Homey is linked to with your mobile phone and see if your are able to load a webpage.
4. Reboot Homey
If after the previous steps Homey is still not online, you can initiate a reboot of Homey. To do this, unplug the adapter from the wall socket, wait 10 seconds and plug it back in. Homey wil now boot (with an orange loading animation) in a few minutes.
5. Still not working? - recovery
If, with a reboot and verified working Wi-Fi network, Homey does not connect to the internet, place it in recovery mode and relink it to your network.