Controlling your smart home with voice can be quite useful. That's why Homey features an integration with Amazon Alexa. This integration allows you to control devices connected to Homey, as well as your Favorite Flows.
This article will explain how to set up this integration using the Homey skill for Alexa.
1. Download the Amazon Alexa app
To get started make sure your Amazon Alexa device, like an Amazon Echo (Dot) is set up and connected to a wifi network. Once your Alexa device is set up, open the Alexa app on your smartphone and go to Smart Home in the menu.
2. Enable the Homey skill
Scroll down and select Your smart home skills. Then navigate to 'Enable smart home skills' and search for Homey. Touch Enable skill.
3. Log-in with your Athom Account
Log in with your Athom Account, to give Alexa access to Homey.
4. Discover devices
To add your devices, press 'Discover devices' in the Alexa app. Alexa will now find all supported Homey devices. From now on, you can invoke basic commands such as "Alexa, turn on <name of device>“.
- Create a group in the Alexa app called All Lights to say “Alexa, turn on All Lights“
- Rename devices in the Alexa app to make them easier for Alexa to understand.
- When you add or remove devices from Homey, run 'Discover devices' again to synchronize.