Homey can connect with Alexa in two ways:
- With the Homey + Alexa Voice integration, you can speak to Homey directly through Amazon Alexa, for example "Alexa, ask Homey to turn off all devices upstairs".
- With the Homey + Alexa Smart Home integration, you can control your Homey devices directly through Alexa, for example "Alexa, turn on all lights".
This article will explain how to set up the smart home integration. Looking for the voice integration?
1. Download the Amazon Alexa app
To get started make sure your Amazon Echo (Dot) is set up and connected to a wifi network. Once your Amazon Echo (Dot) is set up use the mobile app for the Amazon Echo (Dot) and go to Smart Home in the menu.
2. Enable the Homey Smart Home skill
Scroll down and select Your smart home skills. Then navigate to 'Enable smart home skills' and search for Homey. Touch Enable skill.
3. Log-in with your Athom Account
Log in with your Athom Account, to give Alexa access to Homey.
4. Discover devices
To add your devices, press 'Discover devices' in the Alexa app. Alexa will now find all supported Homey devices. From now on, you can invoke basic commands such as Alexa, turn on <name of device>“.
- Create a group in the Alexa app called All Lights to say “Alexa, turn on All Lights“
- Rename devices in the Alexa app to make them easier for Alexa to understand.
- When you add or remove devices from Homey, run 'Discover devices' again to synchronize.